×
Published
Jan 3, 2022
Share
Download
Download the article
Print
Click here to print
Text size
aA+ aA-

Moncler getting back on track after malware attack

Published
Jan 3, 2022

Following news of a major malware attack just before Christmas, Moncler has since said that it's getting back to normal.


Photo: Pixabay/Public domain



By the end of December, it said that its logistics activities related to shipping final products had been reactivated and it was prioritising e-commerce shipments for customers of its webstore. Also, client service activities were “gradually returning to full operation”.

The company repeated its statement that the temporary interruption of logistics services wouldn't have a “material impact" on its financial results. But there clearly will be some kind of impact and it apologised to its customers for delays in order shipments and for any communication problems due to its systems outage.

The outage came at a very bad time as companies around the world were racing to deliver orders in time for Christmas and consumers were understandably keen to get hold of their products by a specific date.

So what exactly did the malware attack evolve? We don’t know that yet but the firm said that it has detected “unauthorised access to personal data”. It didn't say what the implications of this were. The investigation remains ongoing and the company has also notified the Italian Data Protection Authority and the police.

Copyright © 2022 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.